Sofia Meetings is an International Coproduction Market which takes place in Sofia, Bulgaria every year during Sofia International Film Festival. It consists of two parts:
Industry Screenings – presenting works in progress to sales agents, distributors and festival representatives.
Pitching for projects of upcoming directors – first, second or third feature.
Projects are presented in 4 sections:
- Second Film Projects – publicly presented
- Plus Minus One Projects – first or third project of the director, publicly presented
- Projects in Bank – not publicly presented
- First Films First – publicly presented projects of the training programme FFF after an year of intensive development.
Industry events in the frame of SM:
- Europa Distribution Workshop – Europa Distribution is the association of independent film distributors with over 110 leading independent distributors representing 29 countries in Europe and beyond.
- Europa Cinemas Workshop on audience development – Europa Cinemas is the first network of cinemas focusing on European films. It unites more than 1,100 cinemas (nearly 3,000 screens) in 43 countries.
- – of lectures, workshops, public conferences, case studies, debates, business and trading opportunities.
More than 700 industry executives – producers, distributors, representatives of the film markets, sales companies, film funds, TV buyers and other film professionals from different parts of the world, as well as representatives of the key film festivals and directors come together in Sofia to discover new projects and films. In addition to the main programmes we offer panels, presentations and many informal events. There is a VR Hub presenting immersive interactive experiences and key speakers. Marketing and alternative distribution are focus on our events.